How to get the Visa for study purpose
A Door to Italy provides all the enrolled students to the Italian language courses the required documents to show up at the consulate or Italian embassy of his/her own country in order to obtain the study visa:
- Certified of enrolment to the Italian language course
- Invoice related to the course
- Document of the registration of the school to the Italian Chamber of Commerce
- Declaration regarding booking of the accommodation (if of competence of the school)
Students who needs visa must pay in advance the invoice and the 30% of the total value of the accommodation (if booked through the school).
In the case the student doesn't get the study visa, the school will return him all the amount paid in advance, except of administrative fees in the measure of 180,00€ and the banking expenses.
The Permit of Stay (or Declaration of Presence)
Extra EU Citizens with a Study Visa
- for more than 90 days: are legally required to obtain a Permit to Stay within eight (8) business days of arrival in Italy.
- for less than 90 days: you are legally required to apply for the Declaration of Presencewithin eight (8) business days of arrival in Italy.
Attention: if you enter Italy DIRECTLY from your own Country, WITHOUT passing through the Schengen Area, you DO NOT have to apply for the Declaration of Presence. Please be sure your passport was clearly stamped by the airport. If it is not clear or there is not a stamp at all, you MUST apply.
Schengen Countries:Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands,Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovakia,Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Hungary, (Ireland and U.K: are NOT Schengen countries), and Iceland and Norway (that are not EU coutries but are Schengen countries)
Dichiarazione di Presenza download
Documents required by the Police Office in Italy:
- Copy of the passport (enough only the pages with personal data and with stamps)
- Stamp of 10,33€
- 4 pictures portrait
- DOCUMENTS RELEASED FROM THE ITALIAN CONSULATE
- Documents attesting the insurance contract that covers medical expenses
For more info:
Renewal of the Permit of Stay
You can renew the Permit of Stay for study purposes within 30 days from expiry date. The duration of the Permit of Stay is strictly related to the validity of the study visa and may be renewed for up to a year. It is possible to renew it for several years, in the case of multi-year courses.
For more info: